STOP HIDING, THERE'S HOPE! ™
Ultraviolet light exposure, whether the result of excessive sunlight exposure or exposure to tanning salons, may cause both acute and chronic damage to the skin through both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation. Acute sun-burn, usually due to UVB exposure, may resemble a burn, with redness, pain and blistering. Chronic sun exposure, on the other hand, produces photo-aging as shown by thinning of the skin, skin fragility, scaling and pigmentary changes, as well as potential cancer formation, as shown by precancers, such as actinic keratoses, and cancers, such as melanomas, squamous cell carcinomas and basal cell carcinomas.
Only UVB wavelengths are blocked by sunscreens, which are somewhat effective in decreasing UVB-induced squamous cell cancers. On the other hand, sunscreens are not effective in preventing UVA-induced photoaging, nor in decreasing the incidence of UVA-induced skin cancers, such as basal cell cancer and malignant melanomas, which may develop in areas normally covered by clothing. In particular, the increasing use of suncreens has not been able to prevent the increase in frequency of malignant melanomas as shown in recent studies.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCT: For application on the face, either Psoria Gold® Face or Psoria Gold® Face ULTRA can be used, along with your doctor’s skin regimen and therapies. The ULTRA formulation is highly concentrated, and has a humectant moisturizer ideal for dryer skin. It can be used on the body as well if more moisture is desired. For the body, Psoria Gold® 2 oz Regular formula or Psoria Gold® Ultra Classic formula may be used. For those who have very inflamed sensitive skin, the Sensitive Plus formulation is recommended.
Psoria-Gold® does not replace your doctor's prescribed skin regimen, and does not guarantee skin will not develop unwanted appearance. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO AVOID EXPOSURE TO THE SUN, UVA AND UVB LIGHT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
(1) Avoid sun exposure as much as possible. Limit activities to the early morning, late afternoon, or early evening. DO NOT SUNBATHE outside or in a tanning bed.
(2) Wear protective clothing such as long sleeves/pants, and wide brimmed hat if long exposure to UV light is expected.
(3) Wear sunscreen protection of at least 15 SPF, even under clothing.
(4) Apply a thin layer of Psoria-Gold® gel under your sunscreen, especially in areas of high UV light exposure, as curcumin gel may help by blocking phosphorylase kinase, the enzyme responsible for initiating the inflammatory reactions in sun sensitive skin.
(1) Wash all oils, creams, and sunscreens off the skin, as Psoria-Gold® is not easily absorbed unless skin is completely free of oils.
(2) Apply a layer of Psoria-Gold® curcumin gel thoroughly over damp skin, as the gel spreads more easily if skin is slightly damp.
(3) Apply new layer of Psoria-Gold® 2-3 times a day (or more if skin is overexposed) for at least one week following sun overexposure.
C. For Daily Use
(1) You may use Psoria-Gold® on a daily basis to maintain healthy skin, in addition to your doctor’s recommended anti-aging skin regimen.
(2) Apply on damp skin, focusing on areas of frequent exposure such as face, neck, chest, forearms, hands, and even top of the feet, spreading the product quickly and thoroughly until layer is dry.
(3) Skin products may be applied over the Psoria-Gold® layer such as moisturizers, sunscreen, and makeup.
CAUTION: For external and cosmetic use only. Keep away from open flame Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Not for use on open wounds. Replace cap to avoid drying of gel. Keep out of reach from children.